Saturday, March 6, 2010

I like writing. It helps me.

dedicated to k.y.i.

My hands and feet, they're hanging.
A cold plastic seat assumes my position
while you hint at me
from across a tile sea.
Southern winds, I swear
they pushed me along
and here I stand, there.
Situations were funny, yet comforting
during this new moment.
As I talked, you listened.
As you talked, I kept my excitement in.

Oh, I don't want these useless tries.
Oh, please find us the time.
Oh, my darling.

I kept Polaroids of us in my mind.
Searched out the watches that recorded our time.
I kept everything I could possibly find
And even with these small trinkets,
I'm still unable to re-create what we lived.
I went back, sat down and closed my eyes
for a better view of you.
This plastic chair is as cold as ever
as I sit here, reminiscing of how I met her.


No comments:

Post a Comment